Start a new topic

How to remove trembling effect of visualized models?

How to remove trembling effect of visualized models?

Hi there,

I would like to know if it's possible to remove or soften the trambling effect of the 3d models once they are visualized on top of the trigger. At the moment my model always has some kind of tremor effect due to the fact that my camera moves slightly while I hold the device. Is there a way to have a smoother effect ahd having the 3d model look more "static" on top of the trigger?

Thank you

Hi Robin,

Can you please share the model or screenshots of the behaviour you're referring to, so we can check this internally.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

unfortunately I'm not allowed to share this material because of company policy. That said, this "tremor" effect is not a technical bug but I think it's due to the plugin updating the model position at every frame. This makes the model constantly snapping on the trigger when the camera moves which makes it look like the model constantly snaps and trembles. Not sure if there's anything one can do about it.

Thank you

Hi,

Can you please provide me with the following details:

- this this happen with different 3D models?

- how many stars does the target image get that you're using?

- what device is this happening with?

- how big in filesize is the 3D model?

- does the 3D model 'stick' out of the target image very far - e.g. you have a very high 3D model (like a skyscraper) which reaches out of the target image a lot.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your answer. Here are my answers.

- this this happen with different 3D models?

Yes, I tried with a simple cube in Unity and it also trembles lightly all the time

- how many stars does the target image get that you're using?

One star only. Maybe this is the problem?

- what device is this happening with?

iPad 3 and iPhone 6 Plus but I haven0t tested with other devices

- how big in filesize is the 3D model?

around 100KB

- does the 3D model 'stick' out of the target image very far - e.g. you have a very high 3D model (like a skyscraper) which reaches out of the target image a lot.

No it stays inside the boundaries.

Hi,

From your feedback it looks like the target might be the problem - can you try with a target that get's 3 stars.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I tried with a 3 stars triggers and there the trembling is significantly reduced. I'll edit my trigger in order to get a 3 stars. Thank you for the help!

Robin

Hi Nicola,

I tried to get up to 3 stars following the instructions in the docs but it seems quite hard, I can only get up to 2 stars. I tried to add contrast as well as some shapes (a circle, a square, a star) to the image but I can only get up to 2 stars. Any hint on how to easily make it up to 3?

I tried but I can only get up to 2 stars. But I'm a bit restricted by the company logo on what I can do. Maybe 2 stars is enough, I'll test it.
Login or Signup to post a comment