Start a new topic

Video drawable - Audio plays but no picture.

Video drawable - Audio plays but no picture.

Hi Amber,
Do you have any hint how I can reproduce the problem more likely? So far I'm testing with several iOS devices and wasn't that successfull in reproducing the problem. Do I have to put the app in background or just switch targets?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

We've seen the error on ipad air, ipad mini, iphone 6 and iphone 5. There doesn't seem to be a device that it's more prevelant on.

In our experience, there is no user input that makes the error more or less likely to occur. Instead, it seems to be by chance when the drawable is created.

For example, if the videos create correctly when the world is loaded, switching targets or putting the app in the background doesn't break anything. However, if a video doesn't create correctly when the world is loaded, the only way to make it work is to reload the world and hope that it works.

We have written a world that creates video drawables when a trackable is recognised, then destroys and creates a new video drawable if a different trackable is recognised. In this example, a video that was created correctly once and then destroyed so another video drawable could be created, will sometimes not create correctly when its trackable is recongised again and the video is rebuilt. We will compile an example of this implementation and send it through to the same email as before.

Kind regards,

Amber and Rhys

Hi Amber,
As you might already noticed, we released a new version of our SDK just a few days ago. I'm pretty sure that we fixed your problem. The new version is available as a free update from our download page.

If you continue to experience the issue, please let me know so that I can have another look at it.

Best regards,

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment