Start a new topic

Linker Error

Linker Error

Yes, you are right, I mean, that if i remove libz library it will show different kide of errors about missing this library, where it is required for other frameworks. So this libz should be included. And if I add again after removing it, it will show me again the duplicate error.

Yes, I understand, that the Wikitude framwework will not work on simulator without camera, but it should at least compile on it without errors.

Everything is working well with 4.1.1 version, but if I replace it with 5.1.1 it will not compile on simulator, but on device will compile as before. If I revert to 4.1.1 again - it will compile on simulator and device both.

Regards, Valerii

If you remove any libz versions from your project, I hardly believe that the error still can occur. Do you link any additional 3rd party library which might also contain those symbols?

You could also only link our SDK for a device. On the simulator, our SDK is anyhow just a black view because of the missing camera.

Best regards

Andreas

Actually I am using libz.dylib in my project. If I add libz.tbd or remove it - the error still appears. If I remove libz.dylib and add libz.tbd - it still shows the same errors.

Does it help if you don't add the libz.tbd?

Best regards

Andreas

Yes, but the error remains the same.

Do you link the `libz.tbd` to your application?

Hi Andreas, 

The project is written on Objective-C. Right now I could not reproduce the same issue on other empty project. Maybe the reason is that my project is too complicated, which has many libraries and SDKs and something could conflict between the frameworks.

Here is what I see, when I compile (maybe it will help in the future) - the paths to duplicate symbols. The overall number - 35

duplicate symbol _unzGoToNextFile in:

/Users/valeriilider/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyApp/Build/Intermediates/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/unzip.o

/Users/valeriilider/Desktop/Projects/.../Libraries/WikitudeAR/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK(libCommonLibrary.a-x86_64-master.o)

duplicate symbol _unzLocateFile in:

/Users/valeriilider/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyApp/Build/Intermediates/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/unzip.o

/Users/valeriilider/Desktop/Projects/.../Libraries/WikitudeAR/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK(libCommonLibrary.a-x86_64-master.o)

duplicate symbol _unzOpen in:

Thanks again for the support. Also I will be waiting for the new update of Wikitude SDK. Meanwhile,  I will continue to dig in, and if I will be able to reproduce it I will send it to you.

Regards, Valerii

Hi Valerii,
Is your own project a Swift or ObjC project?

We will releaes an update to our SDK in the next couple of days which contains some linker optimizations, but there are no particular optimizations regarding any zip related symbols. I already compiled a couple of other projects using this version of our SDK for the simulator and never had any problems.

Could you send us a demo project where we can reproduce this specific issue so that we can make sure the next version does not have these issues?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your response. Yes, you are right, in other application 5.1.1 version will compile. It seems that the trouble is in my project, but I am wondering where the place of trouble could be located, as before I am using 4.1.1 and then I just replaced the file with 5.1.1. Moreover, after such updating, it compiles well on real devices, but on the simulator will not comile. Maybe I missed something, how should I update the SDK properly in this case? Should I switch off some flag in the project settings maybe, that will not work, for example, in 5.1.1 version? I really do not undersatnd why it will not comile on the simulator - I tried to delete from the project the SDK and integrate again, tried cleared the projects cache and derived data. All I could say, that all the duplicated files the Xcode shows me are related to zip file operations, as all of them have the mention of "zip" in the their names.

I am using Xcode 7.2

Regards, Valerii

Hi Valerii,
I'm not aware of such a linker error. Does the same error occur when you compile our example application or does it only happen in your particualr application?

Which version of Xcode do you use?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi everyone, I am developing the IOS project using the Wikitude sdk.

Recentry, I've updated the SDK to 5.1.1 version, before that I had the 4.1.1 version. I just replaced the framework file in my project to the new one.

After that I encounter the linker errors, it shows duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64 for files like _unzOpen2, _zipWriteInFileInZip, _zip_copyright, _zipOpenNewFileInZip and etc.

After such updating of the SDK the project is compiled and launched well on the device, but on the simulator it shows the linker errors. If I reverse to the previous 4.1.1 version the project will be compiled on device and simulator both without the error.

Can somebody help or advise, where is the problem could occur and how to solve it, if possible?

Thanks

Regards, Valerii
Login or Signup to post a comment