Start a new topic

Wikitude cordova plugin 5.0.0 failed to build

Wikitude cordova plugin 5.0.0 failed to build

Hi everyone,

I just update my wikitude cordova plugin to the new version (5.0.0) and now, when I try to build my app, it fail with many symbol errors. It seems the plugin can't find cordova's method but I have all of the requested method. I tried to update, uninstall, reinstall cordova/phonegap  and it still doesn't work. As I saw on stackoverflow I'm not the only one with this problem.

I hope someone got the answer !

Regards, 

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:263: error: cannot find symbol

if ( !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) ) {

^

symbol:   method hasPermission(String)

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:265: error: cannot find symbol

WikitudePlugin.this.cordova.requestPermission(WikitudePlugin.this, WRITE_TO_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_REQUEST_CODE, Manifest.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE);

^

symbol:   method requestPermission(WikitudePlugin,int,String)

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:462: error: cannot find symbol

boolean cameraPermissionRequestRequired = !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.CAMERA);

^

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:463: error: cannot find symbol

_locationPermissionRequestRequired = !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) && !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION);

^

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:463: error: cannot find symbol

_locationPermissionRequestRequired = !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) && !cordova.hasPermission(Manifest.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION);

^

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:468: error: cannot find symbol

this.cordova.requestPermissions(this, CAMERA_PERMISSION_REQUEST_CODE, new String { Manifest.permission.CAMERA, Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, Manifest.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION });

^

symbol:   method requestPermissions(WikitudePlugin,int,String)

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:470: error: cannot find symbol

this.cordova.requestPermission(this, CAMERA_PERMISSION_REQUEST_CODE, Manifest.permission.CAMERA);

^

symbol:   method requestPermission(WikitudePlugin,int,String)

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:473: error: cannot find symbol

this.cordova.requestPermissions(this, CAMERA_PERMISSION_REQUEST_CODE, new String { Manifest.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, Manifest.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION });

^

symbol:   method requestPermissions(WikitudePlugin,int,String)

/home/test/phonegap/build/platforms/android/src/com/wikitude/phonegap/WikitudePlugin.java:993: error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype

@Override

Hi Marc,
Which version of the Android SDK and NDK do you have installed?

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Marc,
Maybe this page is helpful. You need to make sure that your android project is generated correctly and contains all runtime permissions related library linking. It might be that you need to update your cordova/phonegap installation.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks a lot for your answer ! That was my problem! 

Best regards !
Login or Signup to post a comment