Start a new topic

Geo Location AR iOS

Geo Location AR iOS

Hello, i'm developing a geo located application but i'have some problems.

I saw and modified the code in the quickstart guide as below:

if ( ) {

}

self.architectWorldNavigation = ;

The files are loaded correctly (i use the same files in an Android app and it works fine) but after that i can only see the camera open and nothing else.

In Android i've used the LocationProvider for retrieving position and so on..i think i've to do the same thing in iOS but how can i do it?

I've attached the source code.

Hi,

Does the iOS SDK sample app work for you as expected? If you haven't worked with the sample app yet, I suggest this as starting point together with the documentation section to check how the set-up differs from your own app.

Greetings

Nicola

The iOS Sample app works fine, and i've also put my AR files inside that application to test them and they work as the same they do in Android.

I think i'm doing something wrong in loading the AR contents and get permissions for the AR world in iOS (in my app only camera permission is asked to user and no geolocation permission), i based my code in only one ViewController to do all the tasks is needed (like i did in Android app), that is quite different from tha sample app.

Hi,

So it seems that in your app the location permission handling is different than in the sample app. Maybe this thread helps. Also please make sure that you have all the needed frameworks and setting as in the sample app.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

You are right, the problem was in the project setup, and i fixed it, thank you anyway!

But now i've an other problem, when i get out from a ViewController with augmented reality and i get back the application always freeze and in the log i get the following message:

To disable this check (including the call to abort()), simply set the environment variable 'WTSDKDisableDeallocValidation' to YES.

How can i fix it?

Hi,

As mentioned in the crash log - multiple WTArchitectView objects were allocated at the same time. Please check your implementation against our sample app and check iOS lifecycle handling or follow the instruction in the error message: To disable this check (including the call to abort()), simply set the environment variable 'WTSDKDisableDeallocValidation' to YES.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Ok i understand the problem but how can dealloc the architectView?

Hi,

As the deallocation and lifecycle management are iOS specific questions and not directly related to the SDK, please refer to iOS tutrials to get details.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment