Start a new topic

Altitude Issue

Altitude Issue

Hi,

I have given altitude of -100 to my 3d model the problem i am facing is the model is not staying at that altitute its keeps on fluctuating sometimes its rendered at correct position but suddenly switches the position to some other altitute and i am testing it in good GPS area. Whta may be the problem? I want the model to stay at that altitute always.

Hi there!

Altitude accuracy is a crucial thing. Although "good" GPS may mean acceptable horizontal accuracy, the altitude value is usually way more inaccurate.
Just log the altitude values via AR.context.onLocationChanges JS callback function.
If you want to display an AR.Model 100 meters below the user either use AR.RelativeLocations or go for your current approach but ensure to always pass over harmonic altitude values when calling "architectView.setLocation" - e.g. use lat/lon from your LocationService, but always use 0 or adjusted previously known altitude (note that architectView.setLocation in native iOS/Android code, cause execution of AR.context.onLocationChanged function in JS environment).

Best regards,
Andreas

Hi

I have done the same thing that u have mentioned but still facing problems.Can u suggest something?

Hii

Please Suggest me how can i get my model at -100 altitude i am using the same approach mentioned but still the model fluctuates it doesn't stay at the mentioned altitiude

Hi there!

Please ensure to manually set the altitude of the user to a fixed value because otherwise it will e.g. be "undefined" in case the user has poor GPS or is in WiFi or make big jumps due to poor vertical GPS accuracy. (Note: Whenever user's altitude is not reported to the architectView objects are shown at user's altitude)

Best regards,
Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment