Start a new topic

Fixing altitude of POIs on iOS

Fixing altitude of POIs on iOS

Hi, 

I'm finding that the altitudes of my POIs are positioned very erratically. I've created some test POIs with the location set to my room and sometimes they load on the floor and other times they load on the ceiling. This is bad because I'm using AR as a discovery tool and need the POIs to be consistently in the field of view to be effective (the user won't know to point the phone up to find the POIs).

To force the altitude to be more consistent, I tried injecting the GPS location into the Archictect View after setting the iOS location manager to the highest setting, but this did not fix the issue. Next, I tried manually setting the altitude of both the World and the POI markers to a constant and this did not work (or, perhaps I did this wrong).

Is there a way to force the POIs to have a (dynamic) altitude that keeps them in the field of view so the user from having to tilt the phone up/down to discover them? 

Note: I'm using the Javascript Wikitude API on my iOS device.

Hi Jacob,
Did you specify an altitude for your AR.GeoLocations?

Best regards

Andreas

Thank you for your reply. Yes, there was an error in how I defined my altitudes. They are working consistently now.

Hi Jacob,
It's good to here that you could find the problem. 

Is now everyting working as expected or do you have any other issues? Otherwise we could close this thread.

Best regards

Andreas

How did you fix the problem of the pois' altitude please??

Thanks

Hi dorsaf,
Can you describe your problem in more detail? Maybe we find a solution for your specific problem ;)

Best regards,

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment