Start a new topic

GeoObject on the ground

GeoObject on the ground

Hello,

I am currently trying to use wikitude to overlay a png on top of objects on the ground (eventually I will want to put them on the sides of buildings and such as well). I am using GeoObjects placed at a given longitude, latitude and altitude. With the geo objects the png is facing directly towards the user at all times, whereas I would like it to be fixed to the ground so it does not move other than to keep it's bounds on top of the location.

I currently have a work around which is calculating the tilt and rotation based on which direction is north (the top of the image should be north) and using the distance and differece in altitude to calculate how much the image should be tilted.

It seems to me that there should be a way to place an image flat on the ground and have wikitude calculate the perspective it should be, rather than staying a fixed orientation to the camera. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current SDK Version (Dec 2015) does not support this feature.
I can't give concrete release date for your feature yet but I put your scenario on our feature-request-list Please stay tuned for SDK updates.

Best regards,
Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment