Start a new topic

Where to start? AR application with android studio

Where to start? AR application with android studio

Hello,

I'm completely lost as to how to create my own AR application with android studio. I have created a tracker file using the wikitude tracker tool. Also, I did create a js file with all the tracker objects for image recognition, a css file, and an html file following the samples availabe with the wikitude sdk. I have managed to integrate the sdk with my android studio but I'm completely lost at this point as to how to test my app or whether or not my AR world is actually complete or is missing something. I have gone over the provided documentations several times, but this whole AR development is absolutely new to me and I would love to know the basics of creating an AR world using the wikitude SDK for android.

All help is appreciated! 

Hi Miriam

You'll need to build and run the app on your mobile device. You can find details on how to build the app here.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Mariam,   I have just started working with wikitude to create an AR app.I have no idea about html or js or anything. I am completely struck. Can you walk me through the procedures of integrating SDK into android studio and all other procedures you have done so far. It would be of very much help if you can guide me in this regard.                Regards , Shashank

Hi,

The best way to start is to check out the sample app which comes with the SDK download package together with the respective documentation section.

Each section includes a set-up guide, which helps you set up your project.

Greetings

Nicola

Greetings Shashank,

I have found wikitude a bit troublesome for me given that I'm new to AR Development. For that, I have switched to developing with Vuforia SDK using Unity, and I found it to be a good kickstart.

Regards,

Mariam 

Augmented Reality Android apps can be built using the Android SDK as it provides the API for interacting with the camera. For 3D graphics the Android SDK provides OpenGL support making it simple for developers.
Login or Signup to post a comment