Start a new topic

showing categorized POIs using wikitude

showing categorized POIs using wikitude

Hi,

I'm developing a location based AR application using wikitude. im following the documentation for android. currently im able to augment all the nearby POIs based on user location using google places API and wikitude. Now i need to categorize the selection of places. i have a jquery mobile popup which popsup when user clicks on AR camera screen (using onScreenClick() event)  this popup contains a radio button group which has several category types like schools, hospitals, shopping malls. Now im able to get POIs based on categories from google places api using reloadPlaces() function. but still camera view shows all the places which are initially loaded. but places count in the footer is updating its value correctly based on the category user selected. but categorized POI markers are not augmenting to the camera view. instead it shows all the places as usual. radar also not updating when user select a particular category. Any solution for this?

Thanks!   

1 person likes this

Use .destroy() function of AR.GeoObjects to remove them from the scene before creating the new set of POIs.
You may also set existing POIS to enabled = false to disable rendering but note that they still consume memory - that's why it is only recommended for a small set of POIs.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Andreas

Hi andreas thanks for your reply. i tried to destroy the existing objects at several places. but still couldn't do that. can you give me a hint about exactly where i can use this destroy() function. my implmentation is exactly similar to wikitude sample application. Thank you!

Please have a look at this post - I think it deals with the same scenario.

Best regards,
Andreas

Thanks a lot andreas. now it is working as expected. Thanks again.

Hi

can anyone please tell me how to augment all the nearby POIs based on user location using google places API and wikitude.I am following documentation for android but it display random POIs. I want google places as POIs. What should I do?

Hi,

As mentioned Wikitude does not offer any content services. Also as working with existing APIs to fetch POI data has no direct technical connection to the SDK itself and the approach which data you're using is totally up to you, we can't provide any 'How to guide' for how to get the data into the SDK.

The best is to get a deeper understanding on the geoAR features of the SDK and how you can work with POI data on the SDK side. Also check with Google Places tutorials and online how to work with their API and how to get the POI data.

I hope this helps.

Greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment