Start a new topic

Recognizing markers from a distance

Recognizing markers from a distance

Hello everyone,

we are currently evaluating Wikitude. One requirement of our application is to be able to recognize markers from longer distances (ca. 5 meters). With the demo application from the SDK I am able to track the surfer image from about 2,5 meters. When using a QR-code (3 Stars in target manager) the maximal recognition distance seems to decrease slighhtly.

Are there any recommendations to improve the tracking distance? Maybe there is a threshold that I can tweak somewhere or you have an idea which other iamges I could try?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hi,

I would like to submit to this post as well since I have the same issue. I attached the marker which I would like to use. It is 500x500 px image printed on A4 paper. I replaced the "3d Model on Taret" example to use this marker but unfortunately recognition fails on distances above 100cm, although the marker has a 3 star rating in the Target Manager. 

Since Wikitude adverts 20m tracking ability, I would like to know how one can achieve this.

Thx for any help

Hi,

Recognition and tracking are 2 different things - for recognition the target image should fill at least around 1/4 of the camera view to be recognized. Then you can move further away. depending on the quality of the image you move further or less further away.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment