Start a new topic

Update POIs from remote server in real time

Update POIs from remote server in real time

Hi Wikitude Technical Team,

I am using Wikitude library with Vuzix Smart Glass M100. I have successully drawed Image drawable with some labels from remote server with the help of your given example. I used Apache server on my laptop and connected Vuzix Glass via wifi. Everything is working fine. Now I need to update label information such as title or Life Phase (shown in attachement image) of the equpment in real time. This information is mentioned in JSON. So when my application is running and if I make some changes in JSON, it sould reflect in my application in real time. What I assume that I need to call requestDataFromServer() in every 5secs for example? But this will just draw all labels and image drawable in every 5secs which is not an efficient way. Could you please let me know, is there any other alternative? Thank you!

Best regards

Arun Gupta

Note that you can change "text" value of an AR.Label withouth deleting it. You may therefore poll your server every x seconds and update your labels by using
{yourLabel}.text = {updatedValue}

This is solely possible for labels, in case you need to create new Images you in fact need to destroy the old ones and create new AR.ImageResource / AR.ImageDrawable

Thank you for your reply. I got your point. Problem is solved. Have a nice day!

Thank you for your reply. I got your point. Problem is solved. Have a nice day!
Login or Signup to post a comment