Start a new topic

Not working with Ionic and iOS9

Not working with Ionic and iOS9

Just even adding the plugin via Cordova CLI seems to mess up my Ionic project, but not cause it to fail - not sure what the issue is.

Steps:

1. cordova plugin add https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-cordova-plugin.git

2. ionic build ios && cordova prepare ios

3. run build in Xcode 7, succeeds

4. all plugins seemed to be messed up/not working.

5. Getting this warning:

/Users/james/Code/gray/platforms/ios/gray/Plugins/com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin/WTARViewController.m:112:1: Conflicting return type in implementation of 'supportedInterfaceOrientations': 'UIInterfaceOrientationMask' (aka 'enum UIInterfaceOrientationMask') vs 'NSUInteger' (aka 'unsigned long')

Thanks,

JG

Actually, would this even work in iOS 8, let alone 9?

Hi James,
Ionic is just a wrapper around Cordova/PhoenGap? So far we never tested our Cordova Plugin in combination with Ionic. 

We have released a update to our Cordova Plugin just last friday, including our SDK 5.0. This works fine with iOS 9 in combination with Cordova, so maybe you give it another try.

Please understand that we currently don't test/officially support the Ionic framework, so maybe Cordova works for you as well.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks, so do you support any Cordova-based framework? I would imagine writing purely with Cordova would be a bit painful - not sure.

I'm getting the following error:

ld: warning: object file (/Users/james/Code/midtown/platforms/ios/GrayMidtown/Plugins/com.wikitude.phonegap.WikitudePlugin/libWikitudeSDK_simulator.a(ProfileReportGenerator.o)) was built for newer iOS version (7.1) than being linked (6.0)

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

"wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::SDKFoundation& wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ServiceManager::getHostSDK<wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::SDKFoundation>() const", referenced from:

wikitude::sdk_core::impl::CalibrationManager::finishCalibration() in libWikitudeSDK_simulator.a(CalibrationManager.o)

wikitude::sdk_core::impl::CalibrationManager::targetRecognized(wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::BaseTracker&, wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::RecognizedTarget&) in libWikitudeSDK_simulator.a(CalibrationManager.o)

"wikitude::sdk_core::impl::ArchitectEngine& wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::ServiceManager::getHostSDK<wikitude::sdk_core::impl::ArchitectEngine>() const", referenced from:

wikitude::sdk_core::impl::CalibrationManager::finishCalibration() in libWikitudeSDK_simulator.a(CalibrationManager.o)

wikitude::sdk_core::impl::CalibrationManager::targetRecognized(wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::BaseTracker&, wikitude::sdk_foundation::impl::RecognizedTarget&) in libWikitudeSDK_simulator.a(CalibrationManager.o)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Hi,
Cordova is already a wrapper around the iOS/Android SDK, so it shouldn't be that hard to use.

In general, we don't use/test any Cordova based frameworks. If they do not work, please use one of our supported platforms/extensions.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment