Start a new topic

porting Metaio app of home decor

porting Metaio app of home decor

Hi Team Wikitude,

we are developing an app which places digital furniture in a room without marker. We were using Metaio earlier and now plan to port it. Does Wikitude have the technology to do this? Any sample android code snippet would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishy

Hi Vishy,

With our current SDK you'll need a 2D object/image marker to dislay the furniture on it (e.g. display the furniture on a magazine page). With SDK 5 we'll introduce extended tracking, which should be an interesting feature for your use case and in september we'll introude our 3D object recogntion and tracking release.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thats great news! We are really excited about this.

Is there any possibility of getting our hands on a testing/beta version of this september release.

We understand that this will be buggy and unstable, but we are working with a very challenging deadline.

If we get a version now, by september we will be very clear on how to use wikitude a for porting our Metaio app and our waiting lead time will get reduced.

It may also help your team to validate the SDK before release, as we will be sharing our experience with you guys.

Once again, we completely understand that this kind of pre release version would be buggy and unstable.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishy

Hi Vishy,

I have you already on my list of people to inform once we have something we can give out to partners. But at the moment we don't have a beta version ready and unfortunately I can't give you any details on the timeline.

thx for your understanding.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment