Start a new topic

Help with 3D Rotation

Help with 3D Rotation

Hi!

So i've been working in an app for the last couple of months. For a specific part i need to dislay different faces of a cube-like object. I have some questions about how the rotation works.

When you pass the parameters roll, tilt, and heading for rotate to the model, are you doing a world rotation (the whole "scene") or just the object (based on the origin that you define in the 3D modelling process)? Is rotation imposed or "additive" (if i set the values of rotate, get a rotation, then modifiy it somehow (like you do in the snaptoscreen example in the sdk by using a gesture), and then reset the parameters to those i started with, Will i get the same display as in the first step?).

Those are the questions I have for know. I really like this subject and I am open to discussion. Maybe share some of the hacks (even if they are mental) that you have found to do this transformations easier.

Have a nice day :)

Hi Sergio,

You can set (not add!) the rotation for every frame in the normal rendering mode. In the snap-to-screen mode the set rotation is not used for rendering; instead the user?s gestures modify the rotation in and additive way. However, one cannot influence this behaviour from outside, i.e., from the ARchitect world or Javascript.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment