Start a new topic

Step by Step illustration for creating your own AR app

Step by Step illustration for creating your own AR app

Hello;

Is there a video tutorial or any detailed documentation of how to create your own AR app with wikitude sdk for ios devices. I tried the provided documentation but ended up with 2 errors. Also it doesn't says how to proceed after creating the app. The statement 

#import <WikitudeSDK/WTArchitectView.h>

@property (nonatomic, strong) WTArchitectView *architectView;

@property (nonatomic, weak) WTNavigation *architectWorldNavigation;

is this supposed to go in viewcontroller.m or viewcontroller.h?

How to connect the content to the app in case of cloud recognition?

Kind Regards;

Anish

Hi Anish,
We're currently working on a screen cast, so stay tuned for it's release (within the next weeks).
Until then, you can have a look at the following iOS Xcode project on GitHub which demonstrates a very simple usage of the Wikitude iOS SDK.

The Wikitude iOS SDK documentation (iOS Setup Guide), which is part of the download package (and also available on our website ), does mention how to add an Architct World after you setup the Xcode project. You can find Architect World examples in the Wikitude SDK example application which is also part of the download package.

Regarding your errors: Have you declared the same variables in your ViewController.h file?

Best regards

Andreas

The code,

#import <WikitudeSDK/WTArchitectView.h>

&

@property (nonatomic, strong) WTArchitectView *architectView;

@property (nonatomic, weak) WTNavigation *architectWorldNavigation;

am I supposed to write this in view controller.h or view controller.m?

Also why do we need the ARCHITECT WORLD in the app?

That totally depends on your application/project and the way you're coding/using the Wikitude SDK. The view controller which manages the WTArchitectView needs somewhere a strong reference to a WTArchitectView & WTNavigation object. The project on GitHub for example declares these properties in the .m file. Please read through this project to understand how to code using the Wikitude SDK.

If you want to load your Architect World from within the application bundle, then you need it in your Xcode project, If you intend to load it from a server, you don't need it in your project.

Best regards

Andreas

What I want to do is use a target image and load a UIButton on the image which will be connected to the content in my server. In this case do I need the Architect World to be included in my app. Basically cloud based image recognition.

Kind Regards;

Anish

The Wikitude SDK always requires an Architect World regardless of what feature you use. The iOS/Android SDK main purpose is to load an ArchitectWorld but not to define the AR experience at all.
So please have a look at the sample on GitHub how to use the iOS SDK to load an Architect World and then refer to the SDK example app on how to write Architect Worlds.

Also it is not possible to use iOS SDK UIButtons. You need to define an AR.ImageDrawable inside your Architect World and attach it to a AR.Trackable2DObject so that it is displayed on a certain target image.

Best regards

Andreas

Ok. So I believe we have to create our own Architect World.But in the assets folder provided in the example already has the images and I want the images to be present in the cloud. So, how should I proceed further? Also, is it possible to use the Architect world used in the examples as it is?

Thankyou for guiding me upto this stage. I've just started developing hence so many question.

In 99% of all cases you want to create your own Architect World, right ;)

If you want to use Cloud Recognition, please refer to our Cloud Recognition documentation which is available here. It explains how to create a cloud archive, upload images and then use them in your application. 

You can use Architect Worlds that are part of the example application, but I highly doupt that they do exactly what you want. You could use them as a starting point, but I guess you would like to at least replace target images or augmentations.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment