Start a new topic

How to properly load multiple(10) 3D models from remote URL?

How to properly load multiple(10) 3D models from remote URL?

1 person has this problem

Hello!

I wonder how to properly load multiple 3D models from remote URL. The problem with my code below is that even though 3D models load they do not show up until I take camera view away from target image and then take it back on it.

When there is only 1 3D model in a collection then it shows up most of the time right after when myTrackable.drawables.addCamDrawable(m); is called. However if there are 2 or 3 3D models being loaded, then the onLoaded() is being called every time which is good but the model does not appear on target image unless I take camera view away. What could be the problem? What is the proper way of loading multiple 3D models from remote URL?

By the way, I am using Server Side image recognition and the code below is triggered only after successful response from the server arrives. This is why I do not start loading 3D models from inside of onEnterFieldOfVision()

Thank you for your advise!  

// Create trackable object 

var myTrackable = new AR.Trackable2DObject(tracker, image_name, 

{

onEnterFieldOfVision: function onEnter()  { }, 

onExitFieldOfVision: function onExitFieldOfView() { }

});

// Load 3D models

for(var c=0; c < models_collection.length; c++)

{

var m = new AR.Model(target_url,

{

onLoaded: function modelLoadedLoaded() {

myTrackable.drawables.addCamDrawable(m);

}

}

}

Hi Sergey,
Maybe this one is related to the screen snapping issue that you reported where drawables appear stretched. I will create a case for it and take a look at it.

Sorry that I can't give you more advice at this time.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment