Start a new topic

App becomes unresponsive after Wikitude close (Ti, SDK 4.1, Android 5.0.2)

App becomes unresponsive after Wikitude close (Ti, SDK 4.1, Android 5.0.2)

When more than 10-12 trackables are used, app becomes unresponsive after closing Wikitude window. When closing the window I just set the Wikitude view = null as in the code samples.

After the window is closed and you tap to open another app window (no-Wikitude) you get the App Unresponsive Wait/Kill dialog and Wait does not seem to make a difference. Log attached below is from the moment back button is pressed

We have the issue using a Nexus 7 with Android 5.0.2, Wikitude Titanium module 4.1.0 and Titanium SDK 3.5.0.GA. App is built with Android API 21 as targetSDK.

What is a bit weird is that app works fine in older devices with less memory and Android 4.4.2

Thank you in advance

We are experiencing the exact same problem.
I hope this gets some attention.

Thank you for the information. We are trying to reproduce the issue on our test devices.
Does the probem also occur with the standard sample application?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having troubles.

I just tried to reproduce your problem. The AR experience had 12 trackables, I tested with a Nexus 5 running Android 5.1 and a Sony Z3 running Android 5.0.3, but there was no problem.

If you could send me your projects to info@wikitude.com I could take a look. In the email please mention this thread and to forward the email to Simon.

Thank you and best regards,
Simon

Thanks for helping!

It actually starts happening from 10-12 markers. Our project uses 18, all with unique animated models from about 1 to 2 mb.
It would seem it is a memory issue, but older devices do not have this problem. Maybe Android 5.* devices do something different with memory handling?

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply

I just sent our project files to info@wikitude.com through wetransfer. I updated WikitudeTitaniumSample from github and placed our assets in 3_3dModels_1_3dModelOnTarget sample. Testing on the same Nexus 7 with Android 5.0.2 app crashes while loading the sample. That crash log is also included in the zip I sent you.

Regards

Hi,

thanks for sending me the project files Nikos. I was able to reproduce the problem. It only happens on Android 5.x, lower Android versions and iOS don't seem to be affected.

We will look into this, and the next pre-release package will contain a fix.

Thank you and best regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thank you for checking the files. Any indication on where it goes wrong, and any estimation of when we could get that update? We developed an app involving quite a lot of interaction with AR for an event starting by the end of next week and we have to remove half of the targets to keep it stable.

Regards,

Nikos

Different issue maybe , but my attempts to use callJavaScript of the module also end up to a crash on Android 5.0.2

Regards,

Nikos

Hi Nikos,

sorry for the late reply. We are already investigating on your first issue, unfortunately we couldn't find the cause yet, so it's hard to tell when exactly the issue will be fixed.

About the second issue with 'callJavaScript'. Could you post the JavaScript code which crashes your app?

What I tried and what worked on Android 5.0.3 is the following:
Index.html:
<div id="testDiv" class="info">before javaScript ...</div>

In SampleListWindow after architectWindow.open() line 62:
architectWindow.arview.addEventListener('WORLD_IS_LOADED', function () {  
  architectWindow.callJavaScript("document.getElementById('testDiv').innerHTML = 'TEST'");
});    

Thanks and best regards,
Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment