Start a new topic

iOS8 - License Key not working and no local files loading - Phonegap Plugin

iOS8 - License Key not working and no local files loading - Phonegap Plugin

Hi everyone,

I have a Phonegap iOS app under development + a Wikitude License Key. Everything was working correctly until the iOS8 arrival.

Now, when the Wikitude plugin starts, appears as "Unlicensed" and seems that Wikitude can't load local files from the device.

I have tried to install older versions of the Wikitude Plugin, create new Phonegap projects, remove / adding / building the iOS platform, etc... and I still having the same issue. Seems like Wikitude can't read local files, including the WikitudePlugin.js file with the License Key.

This is my development environment:

Xcode 6.1.1

Phonegap 4.2.0-0.42.2

Phonegap Wikitude Plugin 4.0.0 (release v4.0.3-2.1.3)

Testing device: iPad 3 with iOS 8.1.3

I hope someone of you know a way to solve this issue or help me to find a way.

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Hi Juan,
You need to past your license key into the WikitudePlugin.js file. There is a placeholder saying 'ENTER-YOUR_KEY_HERE'. Replace that particular string with your license string.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas, thanks for your answer.

Yes, I put the license key in the WikitudePlugin.js. I had no problems with this before the arrival of iOS8. Could be any incompatibility with any plugin version or with the license key itself?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Finally I found a workaround for my problem. Seems that there is an issue with Wikitude and iOS8.

The system cannot read local files with the "IrAndGeo" mode enabled. Only works with "Ir". Also I had to add the "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription" flag to my .plist file.

In my case, I don't need the "Geo" mode. I understand that this will be patched in a next version.

I hope my case helps to solve this issue and help someone with the same problem.

Regards,

Juan

Hi Juan,
The required NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription key in your application .plist is mentioned in the documentation and needs to be added manually by each application developer. There is also a console log reminding you if you haven't done yet ;)
If you use Geo and do not set the mentioned key, the SDK does not load any ARchitect World because it could not render any augmentations properly because of the missing sensor access. Please read through the iOS SDK API documentaiton or the WTArchitectView header file for detailed information about the different AugmentedRealityModes.

Best regards

Andreas
Thanks for your comments, Andreas :)

Best Regards,
Juan
Login or Signup to post a comment