Start a new topic

External camera source

External camera source

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for both the quick responce and the great news! Its very much appreciated. Time to get stuck in to this project then!

Thanks again

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the question  - this functionality actually is now present in the SDK and is part of the Plugins API and is called InputPlugins. The feature was added in the SDK 5.2 (and later). We have a detailed sample and documentation of Input Plugins online - so you might want to check that out. As always you can then try the Wikitude SDK in trial mode for free.

Cheers

Hi There,

I was just wondering if this had any further of a development since last mentioned? I am working on a project and this functionality is a crutial part of it working.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Ok Martin, thanks for the quick answer!

Best,

Enric

Hi Enric,

This is not possible at the moment. However, we see the use case, and have already put a feature like this on our roadmap.

Unfortunately, however, I do not have an ETA yet for this feature.

Best,

Martin

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible or not to use a source other than the device's camera for the AR experience.

For example having an android device recording video, streaming it to another android device, and then this second device using that stream as the video source instead of the device's camera.

Thanks in advance,

Enric
Login or Signup to post a comment