Start a new topic

problem with Getting Started quickly Wikitude Sample App

problem with Getting Started quickly Wikitude Sample App

Are you on Windows or OSX? If OSX:

(exactly what does this mean?all of thing in unziping file "wikitude-phonegap-samples-master", where should i put? ...AugmentedRealityProject\platforms\android   or  ...\AugmentedRealityProject?)

Open up the Terminal, and type:

cd ~/Downloads/wikitude-phonegap-samples-master

I will write with node.js shell for android. what is the correct command?

I'm not sure what this means or if it even matters. Basically, the script will toss in the files and build the app for you. So if you're app is in ~/Apps/myapp, then:

./CreateSampleApp.sh -d ~/Apps/myapp -ios true -android true

Wikitude Sample App - Getting Started quickly

Wikitude offers a fully-configured example application as PhoneGap app. The application demonstrates the usage of the Wikitude PhoneGap SDK as well as the usage of the ARchitectView. Furthermore the application includes several augmented reality examples which are described in more detail in the Example section of this documentation.

Automatic Setup of Sample App

Download the binary of the Sample App from GitHub

Unzip the binary file (wikitude-phonegap-samples-master.zip)

Open the console and change to the directory where you unzipped the binary (exactly what does this mean?all of thing in unziping file "wikitude-phonegap-samples-master", where should i put? ...AugmentedRealityProject\platforms\android   or  ...\AugmentedRealityProject?)

In the console run the CreateSampleApp.sh script. Use the -d flag to specify where the Sample App should be created. The -ios and -android flags control which platform should be compiled after creating the app.

$ ./CreateSampleApp.sh -d ~/Path/Where/The/App/Should/Be/Created -ios true -android true

I will write with node.js shell for android. what is the correct command?

This may take a while (more than one minute) without any update message in the command line, depending on how fast the plugin is cloned from GitHub and downloaded (more than 30MB)

The script might run for some minutes without feedback as it is downloading more than 30MB from GitHub. It will finish with the following success message:

$ *** DONE - SUCCESS ***

Open the project in Xcode (iOS) or Eclipse (Android) and run it on your device.

Done

thanks for your responding
Login or Signup to post a comment