Start a new topic

Does wikitude app need a browser?

Does wikitude app need a browser?

hello! please can somebody help me here? I'm really a young beginner in development   and I want to know if I use the wikitude SDK to develop an AR application with Xamarin:

- will this application need a browser (such as google chrome, firefox, IE...) on a phone to run? or it can do that without it?

-Do I have to setup first the wikitude SDK on a client phone to run the wikitude AR apps  or when releasing my application it already contains all the configuration needed and all the features of the wikitude SDK to implement AR. 

thank you all

Hi,

Wikitude SDK and the Xamarin plugin can be used to build applications for iOS and Android devices, you don't have to install anything on the client device, except of course the application you build. When you download the plugin, you also find the source ode of a sample application you can use as a starting point.

Thank you for your quick response.

Now, what about the browser? I'm asking that question because of the technologies used in that SDK (html and javascript) which usually require a browser to be loaded.

thank you a lot!

The Architectiew uses a WebView internally, that's a standard component of the operating system. You don't need to install a browser separately.

that sounds greatly perfect, good job you all and thank you @Gabriele. 

I'm about to begin with AR apps using Wikitude and Xamarin, I think it's a good idea to choose Wikitude as AR SDK. 

I will come back very soon!

best regards
Login or Signup to post a comment