Start a new topic

Multiple POIS form local resource not working, please help!!

Multiple POIS form local resource not working, please help!!

Hi,

I am trying to put down multiple POIs using the local resource.

I'm having some problems, when i use the example from local resource and with random values it works good

But when i change to this code that the documentation suggests, i can't see the POI's even thouugh it seems to load them.

requestDataFromLocal: function requestDataFromLocalFn(lat, lon) {

// comment out these 2 lines and use 'World.loadPoisFromJsonData(myJsonData);' instead to use static values 1:1. For demo purpose they are relocated around the user

//var poisNearby = Helper.bringPlacesToUser(myJsonData, lat, lon);

//World.loadPoisFromJsonData(poisNearby);

World.loadPoisFromJsonData(myJsonData);

}

};

From local resource with (myJsonData)

From local resource with random values

The JSON format is good we already checked it with the debug tool.

Thanks!

Andrés Sanz

Hi Andres,

Did you check the following:

- that the POIs are in your surrounding and the Lat/Lon values are not entered vice versa

- if the POIs are further away from your locaton please also have a look at the culling distance

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Yes, everything seems to be fine.. Do you have a sample code with multiple POIs and without random Values? So i can change the POIs coordinates.  I'm using the wikitude sample app but it shows random values and i can't get it to show static coordinates.

Best

Andrés

Hi Andres,

Please have a look at this sample. The myJsonData.js contains POIs - you can simply change the lat/lon values in there. In the fromLocalResource.js adapt the function requestDataFromLocalFn according to the comments so it loads the POIs from your file.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

It worked! it seems to be a problem with the "myJsonData.js" File.

Thanks for your support.

Best

Andrés Sanz
Login or Signup to post a comment