Start a new topic

convert.sh

convert.sh

I'm using convert.sh (from the tools folder in the examples) to convert a video for the transparent demo, but I'm getting the below error, any help is very much appreciated :)

The encoder 'aac' is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, add '-strict -2' if you want to use it.

Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary,
Have you tried teh -strict -2 option?

Otherwise convert your video to another container format and try it again. (Which vidoe format/container format are you using now?)

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for taking the time to help :) I did try the -strict -2 option but got the same error, unless I'm using it wrong (please see below), I exported my video from Final Cut as m4v fyi

./ffmpeg -i "$1" -vf 'split; pad=iw:ih*2; format=rgba,alphaextract; overlay=0:h' "$2"  -strict -2

Andreas,

forgot to mention I tried exporting from final cut as .Mov file... still same issue :(

Thanks

G

Which Video codec & Audio file format did you select in Final Cut's share settings?

Best regards

Andreas

I just matched exactly what you have Andreas, stil have the same error :(

G

My screen shot was just a reference where you can find the information. As you can see in the screen shot, the audio codec is 'AAC'. Try another video codec so that audio changes to NOT 'AAC'.

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment