Start a new topic

Adding hotspots on 3D model

Adding hotspots on 3D model

Hi,

How can I add hotspots on 3D models? I'm using snapToScreen feature available in the latest version and want to add hotspots/markers tagged to the 3D model which should move along with the model.

Reference: http://blog.threecandy.com/2013/09/interactive-hotspots-inside-3d-models/ 

Thanks!

Manish

Hi Manish,
Right now we don't have a 'hotspot' functionality in the Wikitude SDK. We did a demo for SAP earlier this year which uses a somehow different approach. You can test the demo if you download and open the Wikitude application for iOS/Android and then open the Showcase section. The demo I'm talking about is the first one (The one with the helicopter).

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the response. I have seen the demo you are refering to and want to do something similar, if hotspots on 3D model is not supported. Could you please help me with the implementation of this approach. I need to nail it down soon for a demo with our use case. 

Thanks & regards,

Manish

Are you using iOS or Android?

On iOS you can connect your iOS device via USB to your Mac, open the Safari WebInspector for the device and have a look at the implementation immediately.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas,

I'm using iOS. When I connect my iPad to Mac via USB and use the application to scan the helicopter, Safari WebInspector shows 'No inspectable applications'. Any idea, why? Is there anyother way to look at the implementation or will you be able to share the code?

Regards,

Manish

We solely open source the World's that are part of our official sample application.

Please have a look at post related to autoselection.

Hope that helps,
Kind regards
Login or Signup to post a comment