Start a new topic

Cant get demo to work on any of my devices

Cant get demo to work on any of my devices

Hi,

Ive been trying for days now to get any of the demos to work.

I have setup the demo as per the instructions, requested a trial license (in the app the camera says trial)

I printed out the demo pdf file in fill colour.

It doesnt find any of the markers on any of the demos.

I tried it on iPad 4, Samasung Galaxy S4, Advent VEGA

All devices have the same result.

Please can you help? I have 1 month to build this AR app for a conference :(

Kind regards,

Mark

Update:

I got it working on Andriod, just not in IOS yet

Hi Mark,
We need some more information in order to help you. Are you using the Android/iOS SDK or PhoneGap/Titanium? Which iOS version is running on your device and which Xcode version are you using? Do you use the Wikitude sample application or your own application? 

Do the ARchitect Worlds load any content or does this step not work? You can use Safari Web Inspector to see what page is loaded in the web view. 

Best regards

Andreas

Hi thanks for your response,

I am useing your demo app on phonegap.

IOS 8 and xCode 6.

I am not getting any errors in the console or safari web inspector.

The world opens (eg: the camera comes up with trail accross it) but it does not recognise any of the demo pictures i point it at.

The exact same code works and runs fine on my android devices.

Cheers,

Mark

Is there any way to enable debugging to the console? 

I have put console.log()s through out the app. It stops logging when you push one of the menu items.

eg: When it loads one of the demos in world/1_ImageRecognition_1_ImageOnTarget for example.

None of the console.logs report back in those js files

Doing some googling, it seems other people also cant get it to work on the ipad4.

Is this device supported?

Hi,

I think i have found the problem.

I dont think the product works with IOS 8 and phonegap.

I have now tested it on all devices, ranging from 5 different android devices, and IOS devices.

All worked except iPad 4 running IOS 8 (the only device on IOS 8, the others were on IOS 7.1)

Please can you confirm that it doesnt work with IOS 8? Or if there is any work around?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,
For what I read so far it looks like a iPad 4 problem. I don't have a iPad 4 to reproduce the problem but you can ignore the isDeviceSupported check and still load the Architect World. All iOS devices starting from the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 support all functionality. The isDeviceSupported check does not block any internal routines so everythink should work as on all other iOS devices.

Is your Architect World loaded when you inspect it with Web Inspector?

Best regards

Andreas

No, i have found the problem, (the device support call back works as it should, the device is supported. Webinspector returns no errors)

Here is the problem:

Your phonegap plugin is on version 4.0.0 which does not support IOS 8. Version 4.0.2 does support it and i have just downloaded the dev version of 4.0.2 and it works.

Where can i download the phonegap plugin with support of 4.0.2?

Kind regards,

Mark

Thx for posting your findings! 
We haven't updated our PhoneGap Plugin to 4.0.2 since 4.0.2 still get's some refinements until we 'officially' release it. We keep you updated when we update the PhoneGap Plugin officially but downloading 4.0.2 from our website and manually replacing the .framework in the PhoneGap Plugin is so far the way to go.

Best regards

Andreas

The .framework folder in the sdk doesnt hold the same files as the phonegap ios folder?

It seems the only file which is the same, is the WTArchitectView.h header file.

Where are the rest of the files?

Hi,
sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to convert the .framework into a static library and header file.
I quickly wrote a little script which does this for you. The output is a lib & headers folder. Simply copy these two files into the Wikitude PhoneGap Plugin direcotry (Both files exist there already so it's a replacement). 

Here is a sample script usage:

sh wikitude_sdk_converter.sh -f ~/Wikitude/Releases/SDK/WikitudeSDK_iOS_4_0_2/Framework/ -o ~/Development/Playground/Wikitude/ConvertedSDK

(-h is also valid)

Best regards

Andreas

Hi thanks,

Script ran successfully and produced the two files.

I moved them both into the plugin folder and in the ios platform prepared plugin folder overwriting both files.

But i am affraid it still doesnt work. Its the same as before.

The world loads with no errors, camera comes up. You can tell it is not working as the overlays dont come up (telling you which picture to point the camera at)

Kind regards,

Mark

Which watermark do you see or did you already bought a pro license?

Best regards

Andreas
Login or Signup to post a comment