Start a new topic

Display the image drawable even when the object goes out of field of vision

Display the image drawable even when the object goes out of field of vision

Hi,

I'm able to track the object using Trackable2DObject and also able to keep an overlay image on top of it.

But the overlaid image disappears as soon as the object getting scanned goes out of field of vision.

So, can you please tell me the possibility of keeping the overlaid image even when the scanned object goes out of field of vision.

Regards,

KiranKumar.

Hi Kiran,

You can use the "Snap to Screen"-Feature, that does exactly what you want to achieve.

Best,

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for the response.

I went through the code of snaptoscreen, but unable to get to know a clear picture on that.

so can you please help me in understanding much about this snaptoscreen feature.

Regards,

Kiran.

Hi Kiran,

I suggest you work your way through the example code of snapping a Video in Github (can be used for any Drawable), and follow along with one of the two examples (the one you already have, or the "snapping a video" example) in our documentation.

Basically, you just define a div in your HTML code that will be used for the snapped content. In JavaScript, you define when the video should be snapped (for example onExitFieldOfVision of the target) and reference the div in your HTML.

Best,

Martin

Thanks Martin, Got it.

Regards,

KiranKumar MP.

Hello,

You guys did a great job with adding the snap-to-screen feature.
However, is there any possibility to keep the drawables visible on the specific location while outside the field of vision of your target?
Think for example of a video playing next to the target, or an image that is bigger then the target.

EDIT: It's the same as 'Extended Tracking' in Vuforia:
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/vuforia/features
https://developer.vuforia.com/library/articles/Training/Extended-Tracking

Regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

thanks for the question and your interest in Wikitude. Extended tracking is currently not possible with the Wikitude SDK. There are currently no plans in the short-term future adding this. However the roadmap roughly moves in this direction and there is a slight chance that this feature makes it 2015.

Kind regards

Phil
Login or Signup to post a comment