Start a new topic

Image Recognition too slow on Google Glass

Image Recognition too slow on Google Glass

I am developing an application for Google glass and I am referring to the Wikitude image recognition sample. The same sample works quick with an Android smartphone but is too sluggish when it comes to Google glass, is this a known issue with Wikitude SDK? Is there any workaround?

Hi Mike,

We are aware that there are some issues with the Google Glass SDK sample app on Google Glass which arose after some Firmware changes from the Glass OS. We're currently in the final phase for our next SDK release which also includes the Glass SDK. Once this is update is live, please work with the optimized Google Glass SDK version instead of the standard Android one.

This new version should be out in next weeks.

Greetings

Nicola

Thanks for your prompt reply. There certainly are performance issues with glass as compared to smartphones but I hope they get straightened out with your next release since this poses an obstacle for me to use Wikitude SDK. Do you have a specific date for your next release?

Thanks again.

Hi Mike,

We're currently in our internal QA phase and the SDKs for the different platforms (Android, iOS, optimized SDKs for the different glasses,...) should be launched within the next weeks. At the moment I can't give you an exact timeline.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment