Start a new topic

Making a transparent Video fullscreen

Making a transparent Video fullscreen

I am working on the way to make a transparent video playback NOT relative to the tracker, but relative to the screen space, or in another word, positioning at (0,0) to (screen.width, screen.height), creating an video overlay fullscreen with alpha on top of the camera view.

I have went via the API and see no property to set a absolute of a display object. Anyone would have an idea to get this ?

After all Wikitude is a great framework. Thanks first.

- William

We are working on a feature to enable this usecase. At the moment you have the possibility of dipslaying the video Fullscreen using the AR.context.startVideoPlayer function, which however does not support transparent videos. Please stay tuned for the upcoming SDK release.

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply. It is great to know that the feature is on the roadmap.

Do you know any schedule about the release ? This feature is essential, and it is deterministic if we can use Wikitude for our project, which is going to be launched by September.

Thanks.

- William

Hi William,

the next release is due in a few weeks - currently we are looking at the next month for a release, so your September launch date should not be at risk.  

Thanks. That's a great news. I'd be waiting for the release and test the feature.

- William

Hi William,

I just wanted to inform you that our SDK 4.0 - which includes the feature mentioned by you (snap-to-screen) - is ready to download. Just get it from our download page.

Should you need anything further, just let me know anytime.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment