Start a new topic

3D tracking

3D tracking

Hello,

Great news for you as today we launched SDK 7, which includes your feature request, “Object Recognition”. In a nutshell, SDK 7 introduces:

• Object Recognition
  • Multiple Image Target Recognition
  • Hit-testing API for SLAM
  • Instant tracking improvements
  • Extended recognition range

SDK 7 significantly expands Wikitude’s SLAM technology by adding object recognition and tracking capabilities to its feature set. These features enable brands and enterprises to build augmented reality experiences using a variety of real-world objects, such as toys, sculptures, architectural models, product packaging, industrial machines and more.

The workflow is simple: record a video of your object, upload it to the Wikitude Studio Manager and create your AR experience as desired. Object recognition technology creates an additional touch point to interact with users, allowing real time and 360 degrees augmented reality experiences around real world objects.

Check out this blog for a developer insight and this tutorial to see how you can create your first 'Object Target Collection'. You can download the new SDK 7 directly from our Download page. Enjoy our new cool features ;)

Thanks
Eva

Will theire be 3D tracking available in wikitude 5 release

Hi,

Our 3D tracking release is planned for september this year. You can find an overview of the features included in the SDK 5 here.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi guys, 

I'm now here ;) .

I'm going to develope an application that recognize a singol pieces of a motor of a car. For do it, i don't would create a 3D model of the pieces such as CAD, but i'm  going to  tracking real piece and then use this image of reference as base for compare the piece that I inquadro with the camera and the image that I have tracking and then salved in the DB.

I hope I have been clear. 

thx in advance.

Hi there!

Our current Image Recognition engine is specifically designed to recognize and track 2D planar objects (books, paintings, cd covers) in the current view of the camera. The use case you are describing has different requirements for the recognition algorithm and as in your case you want to recognize and track a 3D object such as an engine this may not lead to satisfactory results. Alas this is currently a big research topic, but as of right now only prototypical solutions exist.

hope that helps,

Markus
Login or Signup to post a comment