Start a new topic

Inquiry: From Android app to IOS app

Inquiry: From Android app to IOS app

Hi Jeru,

If you wish to make use of our image recognition feature, you need to purchase the PRO version, as with the Flex license you can't use image recogition. Please also have a look at the product overview page.  All our features are listed on this page.

Should you have any further questions regarding the licenseing please contact saleswikitude.com

Thx

Nicola

Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much for your response. 
One last question. We will be working on an AP app that has Video Overlay and POI and I would like to know if purchasing the SDK Flex would do for this?

The scenario of the app would be:

1. Recognize the image
2. Once recognize, Video Overlay will then appear.
3. Once the video finishes, POI's will then display.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Hi

Build your App:

The first think you have to do is to build your project for iOS: `phonegap build ios` (Could fail at this step)

After that, simply follow the setup guide for iOS to install the iOS plugin. Afterwards simply open either the created Xcode project and launch your app from within Xcode or build the app using the phonegap command line tool.

License your App:

Yes if you like for your app to be available for iOS you need to purchase the iOS SDK version as well. If you intend to make use of our image recognition and/or 3D features you would need to purchase the PRO version. You find an overview which features are supported in the LITE/PRO version please have a look at the product overview page.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Appreciate your response.

If I understand this correctly, once I'm done with my PhoneGap project(which is done for Android) and then I'll have that Phonegap project to add the IOS plugin following the steps from their IOS Command-line Usage documentation Guideline?

Also, if you may answer this follow up question. We'll be purchasing the Wikitude SDK Lite and we've noticed that on this page -> http://www.wikitude.com/products/wikitude-sdk/pricing/ the Android and IOS is already supported. However, when I click on the "Buy"
button it redirects me on a new page, and that page specifies which platform would I like to avail. My question is, if I want my app to be available for IOS users I should then also purchase the SDK Lite for IOS? Hope my question make sense.

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Jeru

Hi,

You need a Apple machine to run Xcode, Apples developer tool and you need an iOS Developer Account (99 $ per year).

You don't need to replicate your existing project simply add the iOS plugin to your existing PhoneGap project using the command line tools provided by PhoneGap and you should be able to build the application for iOS.

You can have a look at our PhoneGap Sample Application, which is configured to build for Android & iOS.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi there,

Hope someone would be able to help me on this.
We will be developing an Android app using Wikitude Phonegap Plugin
and we are also targeting IOS users. However, I'm a bit confused in how will be able to replicate the app for IOS.
I'm not a mac user nor an Iphone App developer.

Do I need a mac machine to setup the sdk for IOS? What's the best way in replicating the app that we will be developing for Android that will also be used for IOS?

Looking forward to you responses. 

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment