Start a new topic

my magic x-mas card does not work

my magic x-mas card does not work

I just got the AR Developer Newsletter announcing the Magic X-Mas card (http://studio.wikitude.com/magicxmas).  It's been a long time since I tried to do anything with Wikitude and since the demo card on the site worked just fine for me, I followed the 3 simple steps to create my own card.  However, when I scan my card, none of the augmentations appear.  I have no idea why this doesn't work.  Here's the link to my augmented card: http://goo.gl/cywh90 and I've also attached the image I used for the card itself (it's within the preferred 500 to 1000 px size limits).  Any help is appreciated.

Hi Melissa,

The problem seems to be the ' in your project name. Could you please change your project name - try to work without any special characters. This should solve your problem.

Thx

Nicola

Thanks so much Nicola, That solved the problem.

I am encountering an issue with the WIkitude app as well. When I open the app (using a Samsung Galaxy phone w app downloaded last week), the screen opens with the Magic X-mas card image at the top of the Featured tab (note- sometimes the images on the page never load and I have to quit the app).  Nine times out of 10, when I click on "Magic X-mas card", my phone's camera opens instead of taking me to the page where I can input the url for the magic card I created. No amount of scanning the physical card works- the field to input my code does not appear. So- I cannot figure out where to input the code once the camera is turned on, and this happens almost every time I launch the app.  I was hoping to have my school use this for our holiday card, but the app is too quirky right now for us to try it out.  UNLESS I am doing something completely wrong!  Your input is appreciated.

Regards,

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Can you please let me know your exact device model. I myself have a Galaxy SIII and the latest version of the Wikitude app works without problems and also your christmas card is working fine on my device. Please also make sure that you have a good internet connection, which is needed to load the content.

So from what you're describing it seems like a device problem. Please try to test with another device. Here is list with devices and requirements that work well.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your quick response! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (model SHP-L300).  My guess is that the issue is my internet connection- must be a little slow to load the content. 

One final question- will this magic card still be available after the holidays?  If so, how will people access it via the Wikitude app?

Regards,

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

The promotion with the Xmas card landing page where you enter the code and the featured image on the Wikitude Featured screen will not be available after the holidays. But the content you created will still be available and can be accessed via the 'Developer Settings' in the app or you can publish the experience with our publish tool (please be aware that with the publish option the experience (World in Wikitude) will be visible for everyone.

You can find more details on both options here.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment