Start a new topic

Transparent video on a tablet - hear but not see

Transparent video on a tablet - hear but not see

Hi,

i have a problem on playing the transparent video of the SDK Exampe app on a tablet Samsung with 4.0.4 android version. Actually the video is playing but i can not see it. Is it a problem of the dimensions of the video or of the android version?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Asya

Have you tried on different devices? What exact model are you using? Are the other video examples working on that device?

These information would help in reproducing the problem.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

The model of the tablet is: Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P7500

Actually i tried also with an samsung galaxy S3 and with it all video examples are working fine. Otherwise on the tablet the only one that is having this problem is the transparent video.

I also tried to implement the video overlay inside a mine app but the result is the same: samsung galaxy s3 is working ok, on the tablet is starting (i hear it) but i can not see it. I tried to change different properties of the VideoDrawable but nothing changed.

Thank you again

Asya

Unfortunately I don't have the device at hand to test it myself. It would be great if you can test the attached videos and let me know what the results are. Additionally if you can send me screenshots on the results that would be great.

To exchange the videos:

1. copy them to the assets/samples/6_Video_4_Bonus-Transparent$Video/assets folder
2. open js/video.js and edit the line 17 to load assets/testvideo1.mp4 or assets/testvideo2.mp4

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Hi, i made some test with the video that you send me. Here is the result:

Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P7500 (android 4.0.4)

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (android 4.1.2)

transparentVideo.mp4

Can hear but see nothing

OK

testvideo1.mp4

Can hear but see nothing

OK

testvideo2.mp4

OK

OK

The screenshots are made with the tablet.
Hope this helps.

Thanks
Asya

thank you very much. This gives me a clear idea of what is causing the problem. We will schedule a fix for this internally and hope to have it ready soon.

In the meantime if you want to support all Android devices please make sure that the transparent video you are using has a size that is a power of 2 ( 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, ...). e.g. 256x512 as the testvideo2 uses will work across all devices.

Thank you very much for your support.

Asya

Hi, have you checked if the video can be played without transparency (simply don't set "isTransparent=true")?

If it doesn't work, it could be a problem of this device with this particular video.

Try downsampling the video to a lower resolution (for example 50% of the original), and loading it again, some devices can't play high resolution videos and transparency adds some overhead to the normal video size.
Login or Signup to post a comment