Start a new topic

Creating a 2-dimensional map containing GeoObjects

Creating a 2-dimensional map containing GeoObjects

I would like for my app to have an option for the user to view the POIs on a 2-dimensional map (much like how googlemaps looks... or how the map feature in your app looks).  

How would you suggest I go about generating a map?  Is there a simple way to do this in the AR World, or will I need to pass all of my geoobjects through the native app and have the app do the work of displaying the geoobjects (using a google maps library or something similar)?  Or could I just make the radar really big and mess with its background image and stuff like that (this seems like a bad idea to me)?

Thanks!
Karl

While it is possible to display a map on top of the AR view using e.g. google maps api. I would suggest to use the native map component of the particular platform as it often gives you better performance and a nicer user experience.

Hi Wolfgang (and other wikituders),

Thanks for the quick response!
I have a couple clarification questions:
1. So I should not generate my map in my ARWorld, but rather in the native app?

2. What do you mean by "the native map component?"  From what I can tell, the common way that people implement maps in their android apps are by using the Google maps API.  Would you please give example?

Thank you for the help!
-Karl

1. right, i suggest using the Google maps API on Android.

2. basically the built in map component of the particular platform (e.g. Android).
Login or Signup to post a comment