Start a new topic

not all POI are shown in Wikitude App

not all POI are shown in Wikitude App

You are welcome Vincent! :)

Keep us up-to-date on your great World,

Simone

Hi,

I have created a new world using an ARML "web service" (indeed a PHP script that build an ARML 1.0 file based on a database of POIs)

http://arlink.wikitude.com?dk=rzpuhxh

When I try to display the world in tha Wikitude App (Android) , I don't see all the POI I expect.

is there a limit for the number of POI in an ARML file ?

Thanks for your help

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your interest in Wikitude and for your efforts to develop an ARML WS.

Related to your question I would ask you How far are those not-visible POI(s) from your location ?

The Wikitude Browser users can specifically set the number of POI(s) to be visible in a view through the Wikitude Browser settings menu.

Furthermore, our systems take (also) into consideration the distance of a Point of Interest in order to decide to deliver it (or not) to a user.

Please follow these rules to improve the situation:

a) Consider to tune the WS algorithm in order to deliver Point of Interests which are 'reasonable' close to the user (e.g. maximum radius of 50km)

b) Consider to set properly the content type for the WS response. Currently, it is set to 'text/html'. It would be suitable to deliver as 'text/xml'.

For any question please dont' hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day,

Simone

Hi Simone

Thank you for your answer.

You are right, it is a setting in the Wikitude browser to change the number of POI. I was not able to find where to change it, but after your answer I have tried to search more deeply in the Wikitude Browser menus and I finally find the place to change it. 

The default was set to 30 POIs, I have changed it to 50.

My WS deliver the list of theaters during the Avignon theatre festival (about 140 different places spread in down-town Avignon - about 2 or 3 km radius area), but at the moment it doesn't take into account any parameter (I didn't build a static KML because the lat / long may be changed at any time - manual correction of the automatic Google geolocalisation - ).

Is the Wikitude Browser looking for the distance of the  POI from the user position to filter the 50 places displayed or is it only showing the 50 first places returned in the ARML file ?

How can I get the current position of the user with my WS ? is there any POST parameter sent by the Wikitude Browser when opening the ARML URL ? 

Thanks for your help

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Regarding your questions:

Is the Wikitude Browser looking for the distance of the  POI from the user position to filter the 50 places displayed or is it only showing the 50 first places returned in the ARML file ?

The Wikitude Browser (actually its back-end) is looking for the distance from the user position.

How can I get the current position of the user with my WS ? is there any POST parameter sent by the Wikitude Browser when opening the ARML URL ?

Yes, there are.

Alongside with the GET request you can find as query string the following parameters: latitude, longitude, maxNumberOfPois, searchTerm.

And optionally language, locale, userAgent.

I hope it helps.

Happy coding :)

Simone

Great ! It sounds good to filter easily the POIs (especially with the SearchTerm...).

Thank very much for your help

Vincent

Login or Signup to post a comment