Start a new topic

Wikitude Studio 3-Model

Wikitude Studio 3-Model

Hello! I am trying to use the Wikitude Studio using a 3-d model.  I have already converted the model to .wt3 extension, but for some reason when I preview it, instead of showing the model, it will go directly to an amazon page and I have no idea why.  Can anyone help me out with this?  Thanks, Heather

Hi Heather,

What you have to do once you clicked on preview is follow the process shown in the "Preview on Device" window:

1.) Download the SDK Samples app
2.) Find the URL your world was exported to (listed in enter the URL that Studio gives you after the Preview) and enter it in the SDK Samples on the mobile device. The Amazon Page you are redirected to is actually your world, but you can only see the AR objects on a mobile device.
3.) Check the preview on the device

Best,
Martin

Ok thanks for the information.  I did do all of the steps you described when I had the issue, but I still haven't been able to get it to work with a Model. I created a new project and used an image within HTML drawable istead. It gave me a new url and it worked with the HTML drawable.  However, I am using HTML drawable and trying to link to the image I am using to go to a website.  The image will appear but it will not take me to the website I want.  Do you know what could be the issue?  I did the same thing with a button and it will link me to the website.

Also, I am trying to integrate this into a iOS app using your SDK.  Is this link what I will need to do the integration into the app?

Thanks,

Heather

Hi Heather,

You are right, links in the HTML will not be followed currently. We will take this into account for the next release. For now, clicks are only followed with Buttons, Images and Text Augmentations.

For the integration, you need to use the URL to your world (the one you're entering in the SDK Examples for trying it out).

Best,

Martin
Login or Signup to post a comment