Start a new topic
Solved

Wikitude not work on specific tablet Asus

Hi,

I noticed  that the all App they use wikitude do not work on tablet Asus s8 model P01M (Z580C) with Android 6.0.1.  

I tried it with App developed by me and App downloaded from Google Playstore.

Hello Alessandro,

Can you provide some further details regarding your issue?

- Which version of the SDK are you using? 

- Are you using the JS API?

- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?

- When you say that it is working can you be more specific? Is it crashing and if yes can you send the crash log?

- Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?

- Can you send exact steps to reproduce this issue and a video so we can check how we can reproduce this issue?

Thanks

Eva

Hi and thank you for  your answer,

-The deteil of SDK platform are: API 23 Rev. 3;

-I use Appcelerator studio (Titanium SDK 5.5.1GA);

-The version module of wikitude is 5.3.1;

-The crash log is:

"[ERROR] : linker: : has text relocations

[ERROR] : TiApplication: (main) [422,81879] Sending event: exception on thread: main msg:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: : has text relocations; Titanium 5.5.1,2016/09/27 05:39,b18727f

[ERROR] : TiApplication: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: : has text relocations

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:332)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1069)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.d(ProGuard:318)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.a(ProGuard:400)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.wikitude.architect.ArchitectView.<init>(ProGuard:263)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.wikitude.ti.WikitudeView.<init>(WikitudeView.java:115)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.wikitude.ti.WikitudeViewProxy.createView(WikitudeViewProxy.java:64)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.handleGetView(TiViewProxy.java:493)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.getOrCreateView(TiViewProxy.java:479)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.realizeViews(TiViewProxy.java:517)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.handleGetView(TiViewProxy.java:501)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.getOrCreateView(TiViewProxy.java:479)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.realizeViews(TiViewProxy.java:517)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.handleGetView(TiViewProxy.java:501)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.handleAdd(TiViewProxy.java:680)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.proxy.TiViewProxy.add(TiViewProxy.java:574)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at ti.modules.titanium.ui.WindowProxy.windowCreated(WindowProxy.java:263)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiActivityWindows.windowCreated(TiActivityWindows.java:33)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiBaseActivity.windowCreated(TiBaseActivity.java:559)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiBaseActivity.onCreate(TiBaseActivity.java:673)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at org.appcelerator.titanium.TiActivity.onCreate(TiActivity.java:18)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6308)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1107)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2406)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2517)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1363)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5513)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)

[ERROR] :  TiApplication: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)"

I compile and install the App on Tablet Asus (model specified above) the App work fine, but when I open the tab that use wikitude the App  goes crash.

To test I downloaded the APP Wikitude by google playstore and this does not work on asus but it work on all other devices with the same version of Android.

Attaching the video.

Thanks

Alessandro

MOV
(8.65 MB)

Hi Alessandro,

thanks for bringing this to our attention. While I'm afraid we do not have this particular device available for testing (or any other with the offending properties regarding this crash), I'm confident to have found out what the issue is.

Applications using the Wikitude SDK crash on your device because it runs on Android 6 and has an Intel processor. Starting with Android 6, shared libraries containing text relocations are no longer permitted and will fail to load. 

I verified this by searching for text relocations in the shared libraries of the Wikitude SDK v5.3.1. While both the ARM architecture libraries do not contain any text relocations, the x86 architecture library does, as the following output demonstrates.

<somepath>/android-ndk-r10e/toolchains/x86-4.9/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/i686-linux-android-readelf -a libnativesdk.so | grep TEXTREL

output:

0x00000016 (TEXTREL) 0x0

0x0000001e (FLAGS) SYMBOLIC TEXTREL BIND_NOW

As a quick fix, you could try targeting Android API level 22 instead of 23, which should allow for the shared library to be loaded again.

I'm afraid that is all I can offer for now, but we will look into fixing this issue very soon.

Kind regards

Daniel

Any fix for this yet?

Good morning Mark,

I'm afraid this issue has not been fixed as of yet.

- Daniel

Good morning Mark,

currently Wikitude not work only on tablet Asus S8 model P01M.

Alessandro

Login or Signup to post a comment