Start a new topic

Random Image recognition

Random Image recognition

Hi,

I am new to wikitude and AR reality.I was able to follow the doc of wikitude js API and create a sample app for my use case below.

1)I took a screenshot of my credit card and created a WTC file out of it.

2)I was able to load this WTC and build a html AR view on top of it.

3)Whenever my credit card is scanned,i am able to see my AR view which i have designed.

My Question is

A)Is it possible to create the WTC file dynamically from a live camera feed.

OR

B)Is it possible to overlay an AR view on top of a random target(i mean i don't want to share my credit card image in WTC file and yet create the HTML AR View on top of my card after scanning)?

Hi Ramesh,

A) s it possible to create the WTC file dynamically from a live camera feed. -> no this is not possible. What you could do is work with the capture screenshot functionality - send it to the server to update an existing .wtc file, reload the AR view and of course have the AR experience react in the code accordingly. NOTE: if you make a screenshot of a scene, it might be that the image is not good trackable.

B) If you mean by 'randam' target, one that was not included in any .wtc file -> then no you can't recognize random target images.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your reply.

As a workaround,can we achieve the below using current API.

1)Create a screenshot of a credit card.

2)Using photoshop,brighten the bottom right corner where "VISA" is written.

3)Make the remaining part of the card invisible except the bottom right "VISA" part.

4)Create a WTC  and then scan any VISA card and draw AR View on top of that.

PFA,screenshot of target image which i am talking about here.

Hi,

Yes, if the target image is still big enough and scannable then this would work, if you 'only' use the Visa text as target image. But please make sure to test this in advance to make sure that it tracks well.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

unfortunately it din't work.

I tried below 2 approaches but both failed.

1)Tried creating an image with only logo.

2)In the credit card image,i blackened the card number and left other areas as such.

Any thougts?

Also,is there a way/tool to modify/enhance the image to meet WTC requirements

Hi,

The problem might be that the quality of the target image is too low for recognition and tracking - how many stars do your images get? The image might be too small and might not offer enough structure.

Greetings

Nicola
Login or Signup to post a comment