Start a new topic
Solved

Multiple Target Collection(.wtc file) in one java-script file.

Multiple Target Collection(.wtc file) in one java-script file.

Hi,

Currently, I'm working with javascript Wikitude SDK for android app.

We have a large set of images to be considered as target images and we have partitioned these into groups and created different .wtc files for each group.

Suppose, we want to use the particular .wtc file for ClientTracker, depending upon the location information or a particular image.

Thereby, I have few queries related to this listed below:

1.Is there any way possible that we can use multiple wtc files at a time in javascript file.or

2. Can we stich multipe wtc's on the fly and create single .wtc from them.

These are the logical ways I can think of, If there any other way to do so, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can only work with 1 .wtc file at a time, so you'll need to switch the files if you want to scan images from a different .wtc files. Also the possiblity to 'stick' multiple .wtc files on the fly is not offered by the SDK at the moment.

If you have a huge amount of target images that should all be recognized at the same time, we recommend to work with our Cloud Recognition solution.

Greetings

Nicola
Hello,

Great news for you as today we launched SDK 7, which introduces as well your feature request, “Multiple Image Target”. In a nutshell, SDK 7 includes:
  • Object Recognition
  • Multiple Image Target Recognition
  • Hit-testing API for SLAM
  • Instant tracking improvements
  • Extended recognition range
Multiple Image Target’ feature enables recognition of several images simultaneously. Once the images are recognized, developers will be able to layer 3D models, buttons, videos, images and more on each target. Additionally, augmentations will be able to interact with each other based on the targets’ positions.

Check out this blog for a developer insight. You can download the new SDK 7 directly from our Download page. Enjoy our new cool features ;)

Thanks
Eva

Is there any current way to implement multiple WTC/Multiple Target Collections at the same time via the SDK?

Hi Solimar,

You can have active at the same time only multiple targets of the same wtc. For multiple wtc files you would also need multiple trackers, which we do not allow at the moment.

Thanks
Eva

Hi,

Has there been any change regarding this? I didn't find it in the release notes but maybe I just missed it.

Hi,

We do support the reco / tracking of multiple images at the same time for several releases now. Having multiple .wtc files active at the same time is not supported by the SDK currently.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment