Start a new topic
Solved

Cannot build examples

Cannot build examples

Hi,

Don't know if anyone has crossed with this problem before and still haven't found its solution.

I had the same problem in a Windows 10 environment and what solved it (in my case) was changing the project folder location.

I had extracted the NativeExamples in an inner folder very deep inside my "dev" folder. 

Something like this:
"C:\Dev\Android\projs\WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-1_2016-11-23_17-04-21\Examples\NativeSDKExamples"

Opened up the project in Android Studio and that error appeared.

Later on, I changed the project path to a higher level in the path hierarchy (C:\Dev\Android\projs\NativeSDKExamples) and it worked.

I hope this help anyone facing this kind of error.

Regards,
José Cunha

Hi Daniel, thanks for your help.

I download the following project: WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-0_2016-09-13_14-57-05

and opened the NativeSDKExamples as an Android Studio project and I changed nothing. I can upload the example project, but I do not know if this is helpfull.

I am using Android 2.2.1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d9ez3xexcwyk6j/NativeSDKExamples.rar?dl=0

Maybe we want to buy Wikitudes SDK for our project, but I cannot run the examples to have a quick overview about the functions and how it works :(
Hi David,

Would you mind uploading your project somewhere and providing me with a download link to it? I think I could be of more use regarding this issue if I could reproduce it on my system and investigate it directly.

Kind regards
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your reply, but it doesnt work. In the code there are also some errors, because it cannot resolve symbol R. I dont know if these errors are in context with the errors in the messages grade build.

This is my build.gradle

Module: app
apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
android {
compileSdkVersion 24
buildToolsVersion "23.0.3"
defaultConfig {
applicationId "com.wikitude.nativesdksampleapp"
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 24
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
}
buildTypes {
release {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
}
}
productFlavors {
}
}

dependencies {
compile(name: 'wikitude-native-sdk', ext: 'aar')
compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: )
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:24.0.0'
compile 'com.android.support:design:24.0.0'
}

repositories {
flatDir {
dirs 'libs'
}
}

Project: NativeSDKExamples

// Top-level build file where you can add configuration options common to all sub-projects/modules.

buildscript {
repositories {
jcenter()
}
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.0'

// NOTE: Do not place your application dependencies here; they belong
// in the individual module build.gradle files
}
}

allprojects {
repositories {
jcenter()
}
}

Hi David,

I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer for you regarding this issue. However, I'd like you to execute the following commands in Android Studio and report back to me whether your issues persist.
Tools > Android > Sync Project with Gradle Files
File > Invalidate Caches / Restart

Kind regards
Daniel

I have some problems to start with the wikitude sdk. I tried to import the android native examples into android studio. When I try to start the application there are 2 errors and I do not know how to fix it. In addition the symbol 'R' cannot reslove, maybe this in context with the errors.

Thanks for your help!

Error:com.android.builder.internal.aapt.AaptException: Failed to crunch file E:Development\Java\libs\WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-0_2016-09-13_14-57-05\Examples\NativeSDKExamples\app\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\appcompat-v7\24.0.0\res\drawable-hdpi-v4\abc_textfield_search_default_mtrl_alpha.9.png into E:\Development\Java\libs\WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-0_2016-09-13_14-57-05\Examples\NativeSDKExamples\app\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\drawable-hdpi-v4\abc_textfield_search_default_mtrl_alpha.9.png

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:mergeDebugResources'.
> Error: com.android.builder.internal.aapt.AaptException: Failed to crunch file E:\Development\Java\libs\WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-0_2016-09-13_14-57-05\Examples\NativeSDKExamples\app\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.android.support\appcompat-v7\24.0.0\res\drawable-hdpi-v4\abc_textfield_search_default_mtrl_alpha.9.png into E:\Development\Java\libs\WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_Android_1-4-0_2016-09-13_14-57-05\Examples\NativeSDKExamples\app\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\drawable-hdpi-v4\abc_textfield_search_default_mtrl_alpha.9.png
Login or Signup to post a comment