Start a new topic

Close markers placed on the ground

Close markers placed on the ground

Hi.
I'm currently evaluating the Wikitude SDK for my company project, tried some examples and I've got few questions about marker placement in AR view.

Being close to the markers they are shown on the ground. Sometimes they are placed correctly around me, sometimes on the ground, the view strangely jumps from one to another. All of them have the same altitude. Or do I have to manually adjust the altitude? Is it because i'm too close to them? How do I deal with it then?

Help greatly appreciated.

Michal

Hi Michal!

Could you please provide us with some further details about your use case, such as

- Which version of the SDK are you using? 

- Are you using the JS API?

- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?

- What device does this happen with (os Version and model)?

- is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, does the sample app work on your device?

Thank you

Hi. Sorry I didn't provide that info in the beggining.

It's the Ionic2 application with Cordova Wikitude plugin, I'm using the latest 5.2.0-3.3.1 version of it. Cordova version: 6.3.0
So far it was tested only with OnePlus One with Cyanogen OS 13.1.2 based on Android 6.0.1. The sample app (multiple POIs) works perfectly fine. All I did in my app was adding markers from the main app

addMarker: function addMarker(id, lat, lng, title, text, image) {

AR.logger.debug('adding poi ' + id + ' ' + title + ' ' + text);

var singlePoi = {
      "id": id,
      "latitude": parseFloat(lat),
      "longitude": parseFloat(lng),
      "altitude": 100.0,
      "title": title,
      "description": text,
      "image": image
    };

World.markerList.push(new Marker(singlePoi));
  }

------

WikitudePlugin.callJavaScript('World.addMarker(' + params + ');');

Kind regards,
Michal

Hi,

would you mind providing me with a link to your project so I can run it and take a look at it directly?

Kind Regards

Daniel

Unfortunately not, since we are working under a NDA. I'll try to provide a minimal version soon.

Michal

Hello again,

sorry for my long absence. Tommorow I will provide you a minimal version of my app, hope you will be able to help me with that matter.

Meanwhile, I'm struggling with another problem, this time on iOS only. I'm having problems with geolocation, it takes ages to locate my phone (checked on 4 devices) - both in my app and your samples. What does the trick is pressing home button and resuming the app - it gets the location instantly. This is how i launch the ar:

runAR() {
WikitudePlugin.isDeviceSupported(
() => {
console.log('supported');
WikitudePlugin.loadARchitectWorld(
() => {

WikitudePlugin.setLocation(this.pos.lat(), this.pos.lng(), 100.0, 10); // It look's like it has no effect

WikitudePlugin.setOnUrlInvokeCallback((url) => {
// some logic to handle redirects from ar
});
},
() => {
//error
},
'www/ar/index.html', //url
{
camera_position: 'back'
}
);