Start a new topic
Solved

Multiples trackers?

Multiples trackers?

Hi!

Is there a way to have multiple trackers (like in a cards game: two cards on the table would display two 3d models) ?

I tried to create 2 ClientTrackers and/or 2 Trackable2DObject but it seems that it doesn't work...

Regards

Hi Philippe,

You can have multiple targets but you cannot activate at the same time. Are you trying our sample code at Client Recognition-> Multiple targets and you receive an error? When you say that it is not working are you receiving an error message? Can you then please provide me with further details like:

- Which version of the SDK are you using? 

- Are you using the JS API?

- Are you using any of our Extensions (Titanium, Cordova, Xamarin, Unity)? If yes, which version are you using?

- What device does this happen with (os Version and model)?

So if I understood correctly, we can't detect 2 different markers at the same time (like in this video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEq9P81N3U4 ).

Regards

Hi Philippe,

No, unfortunately you cannot identify multiple trackers at the same time. You can have multiple trackers but every time only one can be active.

Thanks

Hi Eva,

Is there expected to be support for this feature anytime soon? I feel that this is a very important feature and to not have it makes Wikitude lose a lot of its potential value.

Competitors like Vuforia support this feature and it's probably what I'll have to use now that I've found this out. 

Even though I love everything else about this SDK!

Thanks

Hi Alex,

I agree with you that this is a great feature and we are actually working on adding this functionality in our products. Although this has already been added in our feature list I cannot give you any exact timeline regarding when this should be available.

Thanks
Hello,

Great news for you as today we launched SDK 7, which introduces as well your feature request, “Multiple Image Target”. In a nutshell, SDK 7 includes:
  • Object Recognition
  • Multiple Image Target Recognition
  • Hit-testing API for SLAM
  • Instant tracking improvements
  • Extended recognition range
Multiple Image Target’ feature enables recognition of several images simultaneously. Once the images are recognized, developers will be able to layer 3D models, buttons, videos, images and more on each target. Additionally, augmentations will be able to interact with each other based on the targets’ positions.

Check out this blog for a developer insight. You can download the new SDK 7 directly from our Download page. Enjoy our new cool features ;)

Thanks
Eva

hey, I am looking for multiple trackers to be displayed at the same time when the image recognize than after that display 5 different 3d object under that image tracker is it possible? please I am waiting for your answer thanks  

Login or Signup to post a comment