Start a new topic

Android native sdk, rendering bug with trial licence

Android native sdk, rendering bug with trial licence

Hi Daniel,
We will also fix this in the next maintenance update.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

similar issue on iOS native SDK, internal renderer at least:
here we got a nich black triangle on top of the view instead of the "TRIAL" overlay if you leave the app and return.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for the detailed error description! We will have a look at it immediately ;)

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi,

I just ran into a bug using Wikitude's latest native Android SDK:

When you use a trial licence key the OpenGL rendering will be broken (mostly black with dark blue / red distortions) when you leave the Activity that manages the Wikitude stuff by pushing the device's home button (! so essentially switching to the "desktop") and then re-enter the app.

The OpenGL output is not trashed when you jump to another activty inside the app. It only happens when you "quit" and come back. And apparently it only happens when you use a trial licence. When I ran into this issue I decided to check out your native example. It works flawlessly until I exchange the licence-key and wtc by my own, then your examples will produce the very same buggy behaviour consistently. So you should be able to reproduce it on your side with ease.

My asumption (which may be wrong of course) is that the issue is related to your "TRIAL" overlay.

EDIT: funny detail which also indicates thet the "TRIAL" overlay is the root of evil here:
out of curiosity and while experimenting on another issue I made the WikitudeSDK object static, don't call onDestroy and don't recreate it if not null. Result:
when I leave the activity using the Home-button and then come back, then your TRIAL overlay is gone and everything works as if you got a full licence :D

EDIT: actually, you don't have to change anything inside even the example app to get rid of the "TRIAL" overlay. The following will do too:
enter Wikitude activity, quit via home button, return to app, OpenGL output will be trashed - until a marker is detected - then it all of a sudden works again - without the TRIAL overlay :)

Best regards,

Daniel
Login or Signup to post a comment