Start a new topic

Extended Tracking in Unity

Extended Tracking in Unity

1 person has this problem

Hello,

I have a problem with extended tracking in Unity. I enabled extended tracking for all targets in the target collection, but the model disappears even before the target is completely out of the image.

I already tested extended tracking with the native api in the exact same surroundings and there it worked much better.

Are there more setting in Unity I have to check in order to use extended tracking?

Thank you in advance

Hi, 

There shouldn't be any additional steps required. Does the example project work better? If you subscribe to OnExtendedTrackingQualityChanged event in the client tracker, do you receive any callbacks, and if so, is the quality ever good?

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi,

In the example project extended tracking is working.  The event OnExtendedTrackingQualityChanged is called only once when the target is recognized and it returns ExtendedTrackingQuality.Good, but it does never get called again while tracking. If I uncheck extended tracking it returns the same value.

Hi, 

There is indeed a serialization bug affecting extended tracking. It will be fixed in the next update. You can work around the issue either by creating a prefab from the tracker from "Client Recognition - Extended Tracking" scene and use that in your project, or by opening the scene asset directly with a text editor (if you have force text serialization turned on) and changing the "_extendedTracking" property from 0 to 1.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for pointing out this issue.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hello,

thank you for the answer. Changing the value in a text editor doesn´t work for me (I switched serialization mode to text). Can I change the target collection when using the tracker of the example or does this reset the extended tracking value?

I also noticed that the WTC-Editor in Unity isn´t working in my own project, but it is working fine when loading the examples-project. In both cases I tried to create a new targetcollection with the example-targets and with my own target. When creating the wtc-file (Create -> double-click on the image) a window with a progress bar (Applying changes) appears, but there is an error "Image could not be imported !".

Hi, 

It is strange that it still isn't working for you. Here is the relevant snippet that works for me:

m_Name: 

m_EditorClassIdentifier: 

_targetPattern: '*'

_extendedTracking: 1

_targetsForExtendedTracking:

- '*'

_autoToggleVisibility: 1

In any case, changing the target collection will not reset the value.

Regarding the second issue, are you using the same image in both cases? The only time I'm getting that error is when I try to create a target collection with one of the built in images from Unity (like Default-Particle) because they are not backed by an actual asset that I can read. It is possible that some combination of asset import settings could lead to this behaviour, but I couldn't reproduce it. Could you please provide more info about the issue?

Best regards,
Alexandru

Thank you for the quick response. I copied the image (a .png file) into the projects Assets folder (Assets/MyImages). I used the same image in the sample project and there it works. When using the target images of the samples, I get the same result.

I also checked the import setting for the image, they are the same as in the sample project.

Unity Version 5.4

Wikitude Version 1.3.0-1.2.0

Hi,

Is this happening on Windows or Mac OS?

Best regards,
Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment