Start a new topic

about iOS 10 beta support

about iOS 10 beta support

I have just tested v5.1.4-3.2.1 under the iOS 10 public beta and unfortunately got this error when trying to open the plugin:

This device does not support the requirements to perform 2D tracking. 
The iOS version on this device ('10.0') is not supported. Wikitude SDK requires iOS 6 or later.

Same here, any news on this?

Hi,
You can ignore this message. It works just fine ;)
We will release a developer channel update within the next days that solves this issue.

Best regards,

Andreas

Where are we with that update?

I cannot ignore this message since I have to check if the device supports the features with isDeviceSupportedForRequiredFeatures. This method return an error and the message mentioned above.

Thanks.

Hi Nino,
You don't necessarily have to use the 'isDeviceSupportedForRequiredFeatures' function. A first developer channel build is available here. You can also find the download link on wikitude.com/download and then select the 'Beta' tab.

Simply replace the .framework in your existing project with the one you downloaded.

Best regards,

Andreas 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Do you have a roadmap when the next version is final? I don't necessary want to use the beta sdk for my final app version.

Thanks

Hi Nino,
We scheduled one last SDK 5.x update end of August. So far we only have some issues with the CMMotionManager in iOS 10. Not sure if we can resolve this ourself or if we need to wait for more beta builds from Apple. However, our plan is to release the next Wikitude SDK update at least with the GM of iOS 10. With that you should be able to update your app just in time for iOS 10.

Best regards,

Andreas

How to replace the .framework in my "cordova" project?

Hi Hideaki,
You can download a pre-release version of our Cordova plugin here. Simply install it like any other local plugin.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas

Any updates on the final sdk?

Thanks for an answer asap.

- Nino

Thank you for your reply!
I just test the pre-release version of Cordova plugin. It's working now!!

However, I found a bug when using "app.wikitudePlugin.captureScreen" on this pre-release plugin.
Only a blackback image was created when trying to capture screen.
Any progress on fixing this bug? 

Thank you in advance!
Hideaki

Hi,
Yesterday we released our SDK 5.3.0 which is fully iOS 10 compatible. 

If you want to save a screenshot to your device photo library, please make sure that the `NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription` key is present in your application .plist file.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi!

Many thanks for your help. Your support really is outstanding!!

Best regards,
Hideaki
Login or Signup to post a comment