Start a new topic

NVIDA Shield Crash

NVIDA Shield Crash

Hi, i'm using the unity sdk. I build for android, and on my samsung s7 edge it works without problems (on motog 2015 too), but when i tried on my NVIDIA shield, on the load of any client recognition scene the app crash. So it load the first scene (the menu one) but when i try to open any other scenes the app crash. I try to logcat, but it seems that no exeption or error is raise. (and this is a little bit strange since usually when apps crash some error or exeption is raise). Any tips? I double checked the permission of app and it's ok. So i really don't understand what could be the problem.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi, 

Unfortunately I don't currently have this device to test on. Is the sample project included in the download working on the Shield? From your message it's not clear if you've tested with your own project, or with the one provided, so I just want to make sure. Have you tried the other scenes, for example the Cloud Recognition, or the Camera Settings? Can you also make sure that in logcat you don't have any kind of filter active that might hide the error messages?

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi Alexandru, yes I used the simple project and it's not working. You were right. I was filtering only the unity log, but the errors happend on android. You can find the logfile as attached. I can't figure out the problem. Can you help me?

Hi, 

Does it crash all the time on the Shield? Have you tried the other samples? Do they crash as well? Does it crash when entering an example, or right after the application starts?

Best regards,
Alexandru

Hi, yes it crash always. The application start correctly, when you select any scene from the menu scene it crash. Even if you select camera settings. I was thinking that the problem was on camera, but from the log it seems that some connection doesn't work.
Login or Signup to post a comment