Samples (Unity iOS) crashes on startup

Hi,

How do I make the Unity samples work?

I have done the following:

1. Download samples
2. Open in Unity (version 5.3.5f1)
3. Change target to iOS
4. Hit build
5. In xCode: Build and run on my device (iPhone 5s)
6. Got the error pasted below
(7. Changed the license key on WikitudeCamera in Unity. License generated at http://www.wikitude.com/developer/licenses)

Whenever the app boots on the device and before anything is displayed on the screen the error below is thrown in xCode;

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/WikitudeNativeSDK.framework/WikitudeNativeSDK
Referenced from: /var/containers/Bundle/Application/902C658D-391F-4119-89B3-4FA41F643723/wikitude.app/wikitude
Reason: image not found

BTW: In xCode I have set the ENABLE_BITCODE to NO - I fixed that thing myself after Google'ing around. Why aren't you document such thing?

I think it would be a good thing (if you actually want people to adopt your platform instead of i.e. Vuforia) to provide samples that works out of the box or at least with very little, and well documented, adjustments. Judging from the topics in the forum I'm not the first that encounter problems running your samples. Just a thought....

Hi, 

Please make sure that the WikitudeNativeSDK framework has been added as an Embedded Library as described in the Unity documentation, section Export to Xcode.

I apologize for the missing ENABLE_BITCODE step in the documentation, it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Alexandru

Perfect! That did it. Thank you.

Which license code will the 3D Tracker work with?

Hi, 

For 3D tracking you need to get a license from here.

Best regards,
Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment