Start a new topic
Solved

Detect multiple targets at the same time (native iOS)

Detect multiple targets at the same time (native iOS)

Hi,

Is it posibile to detect multiple targets and load a different model for each target at the same time? I tried creating two trackers, each with its own collection and also adding multiple targets to the collection. In each case only one target is detected. I use external renderer for model loading. Anyhow, if this is not possible, what would be the best aproach to detect different targets and load different models for each? One at the time.

Thanks,

Emil

Hello Emil,

It is possible to have multiple trackers in your app and have each one with its own target collection. However, keep in mind that only one tracker can be active for recognition at any given time. You can have a look at the ClientTracker, the tracker analyzes the live camera image and detects the 2D targets stored in its associated target collection.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
Hello,

Great news for you as today we launched SDK 7, which introduces as well your feature request, “Multiple Image Target”. In a nutshell, SDK 7 includes:
  • Object Recognition
  • Multiple Image Target Recognition
  • Hit-testing API for SLAM
  • Instant tracking improvements
  • Extended recognition range
Multiple Image Target’ feature enables recognition of several images simultaneously. Once the images are recognized, developers will be able to layer 3D models, buttons, videos, images and more on each target. Additionally, augmentations will be able to interact with each other based on the targets’ positions.

Check out this blog for a developer insight. You can download the new SDK 7 directly from our Download page. Enjoy our new cool features ;)

Thanks
Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment