Start a new topic

3D Tracking Crashes ? Unity iOS

3D Tracking Crashes ? Unity iOS

1 person has this problem

I'm trying to run the samples for the Unity SDK on iOS and am running into a problem with the 3D tracking. I believe I have the license key entered correctly on the camera object for each scene, and the marker samples work okay.

When I run the 3D tracking scene, it appears to start working (I can see some features marked by little boxes on the camera image) but soon afterward it crashes every time.

The log in XCode shows the following 3 times before the crash:

Error loading 3D client tracker: The feature 'tracking_3d' is not licensed with the current license key. If you bought a license which includes 'tracking_3d', please make sure that you have set the license key properly. Otherwise please buy a license that includes the feature 'tracking_3d'.. Reloading...

UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)

UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1:Invoke(Object)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

I am using a trial license.

Any help that could be offerred would be much appreciated. Really looking forward to trying out the 3D tracking, as it's a very compelling feature :)

Unity: 5.3.5f1

iOS Native Plugin version (for the .framework): WikitudeSDK_NativeAPI_iOS_1_2_0 2

Unity plugin version: Unity-Wikitude_1.2.1-1.1.0_2016_03_21_16_40_46

Test Device: iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.2

XCode: 7.3.1

Hi Jason,

Did you made sure that you opened the .lic.signed file with a text editor, copied the content and then pasted it into the license test field of our WikitudeCamera object in Unity? You can follow the instructions here.

Yes, I did. And as I said, the marker demos are working and the 3D tracking demo does begin, but crashes a few seconds in.

Hi,

3D tracking requires a special license that you need to get separately. Still, that shouldn't result in a crash, so I will look into it. Do the samples with the default license work for you?

Best regards,
Alexandru.

Yep! The other samples seem to work.

How can one obtain a trial for the 3D tracking? I haven't seen that option anywhere but would like to see it in action.

Hi, 

What I meant was that you could try the example project provided in the download package. That already has a license included that works with 3D tracking.

To get a 3D license, please request one from here.

Best regards,
Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment