Start a new topic

Take a photo

Take a photo

I also need this functionality for native SDK. Of course it's the capability platform owned by means of  using AVCaptureSession, AVCaptureStillImageOutput etc. But I can not implement it when it's in viewfinder except I switch to another view controller, which is not I need.

Indeed, the problem will be sovled if I could get those kind of objects from SDK. Unfortunately, SDK doesn't expose the API for this purpose.

Hi Eric,

We do not have this functionality in the SDK, but there is the capability for each platform to do this on its own. So using JS API you can call a native app part (like triggering a camera picture) from the JS part. You could also have a look at this sample for the general idea on how to communicate between JS and Native API

http://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/documentation/latest/android/browsingpois.html#nativedetailssreen 

Hi,

I want to take a picture of a specific subject. So I thought to use Wikitude for object recognition. That works fine. I can detect when my target is center screen and that is the moment I want to take a picture. The picture must be in photoquality so a screenshot is not good enough.

kind regards,
Eric

Hello Eric,

could you please explain in details your use case so that I can understand exactly the functionality you wish to achieve?

Thank you

Hi, 

I want to take a photo (not a screenshot) when my target is on a specified position on the screen. 

I can detect when I want to take a photo, but I don't know how. I can switch to another viewcontroller but than I have to switch to another component that has to focus before it is able to capture a still image. Is it possible to do this in or with the native Wikitude SDK?

kind regards,
Eric
Login or Signup to post a comment